Sapa is former French hill station situated in the valleys near the Chinese border. Its high elevation of 1,600m creates its cool climate inspired the French to build villa there as a summer retreat. Today, Sapa attracts visitors for its stunning scenery, comfortable climate, colorful markets, and a variety of ethnic hill tribes living in nearby villages.
Facts about Sapa
• Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam, at 3,143 metres, also known as The Roof of Indochina.
• Sapa is one of the best trekking spot in Vietnam.
• The Fansipan Sa Pa system take tourists from the Muong Hoa Valley to the 3,143 meter peak of Fansipan Mountain, recognized as the world’s longest three-rope cable car route.
• Terraced rice fields in Sapa has been voted as world’s most beautiful rice terrace.
• Sapa is one of the places in Vietnam to see snow.
Muong Hoa the most beautiful valley in Sapa
Located 15 km from the tourist destination of Sapa town in Lao Cai Province, Muong Hoa is the most
Address: 01 Thac Bac Street, Sa Pả, Lào Cai 333100, Vietnam
Ban Ho Valley & Waterfall, a very interesting tourist spot
Located at the end of the motor way about 25 Km from Sapa town, Ban Ho Village is prominent of stil …
Address: Bản Hồ, Sa Pa, Lao Cai, Vietnam
Ham Rong Mountain, The Mountain of Dragon Jaw
Ham Rong Mountain is one of the most attractive tourist sites in the center of Sapa town, and home to …
Address: Đường Lên Núi Hàm Rồng, tt. Sa Pa, Sa Pa, Lào Cai, Vietnam
Sapa Ancient Rock Field, in Muong Hoa Valley, unique attraction
Sapa Ancient Rock Field is situated in Muong Hoa Valley, 12 km southwest of Sapa town …
Address: Ta Van, Hau Thao and Su Pan, Hầu Thào, Lao Cai, Vietnam
Ta Phin Village of the H’Mong & Red Dao minority people
Ta Phin is located 15 km north-western of Sapa. This is a village of the …
Address: Tả Phìn, Lao Cai, Vietnam