• Saigon became a modern city under French rule.
• Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon was built from the 1860s, from imported French building materials.
• Ho Chi Minh City has the biggest number of migrant workers in the country.
• It was the capital of South Vietnam from 1954 to 1975.
• Saigon from 1887 to 1902 was capital of the Union of Indochina.
• It is Vietnam’s biggest city, with over 10 million people.
• More than 2.5 million tourists visit Ho Chi Minh City each year.
• Wedding photos with the church in the background, Saigon Notre Dame is a Popular Spot.
• Ho Chi Minh City Port is Vietnam’s most important economic center.
• Ho Chi Minh City is reminded of Paris with the French Colonial Architecture.
• A visit to Ho Chi Minh City is an encounter with exotic food.
• Around 2 million motorbikes enter Ho Chi Minh City every day.
Distances in km to Ho Chi Minh City: Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City 421 km, Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City 1,476 km, Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City 792 km, Hue to Ho Chi Minh City 917 km, Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City 289 km, Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh City 206 km, Danang to Ho Chi Minh City 813 km.
Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City: Visit the historical buildings with French architecture. Try karaoke, A daily excursion to visit Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple with full day, Walk in Bui Vien Walking Street the backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh City, Eat with locals, Try Vietnamese Coffee the best in the world, Visit the War Remnants Museum, the most popular Vietnam War Museum, Walk in Dong Khoi Street, many stunning colonial buildings is located there such as the the Caravelle Hotel, the Opera House, the Central Post Office, Continental Hotel, Visit the Mekong Delta in a day trip from HCMC.
Originally built for the French Governor- General of Indochina in 1868, the palace became the luxurious residence …
Address: 135 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Opera House Municipal Theatre, French Colonial architecture
Built in 1897 by French architect Ferret Eugene as the Opėra de Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), the 800 seat …
Address: 7 Lam Son Square, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City Hall, People’s Committee Building
The People’s Committee Building, a French colonial style building was built in 1902-1908 called also Hotel de Ville …
Address: 86 Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Saigon Central Post Office, one of the City’s oldest buildings
Saigon Central Post Office is located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, near Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica …
Address: 2 Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Notre Dame Cathedral, French Colonial Architecture
Built between 1877 and 1883, Notre Dame Cathedral, with her two 40 meter towers topped with iron spires …
Address: 1, Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Bitexco Financial Tower 262 m high amazing views across the city
Inaugurated in October 2010, the 262.5 meter high Bitexco Financial Tower is currently the tallest …
Address: 2 Hải Triều, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Cholon District in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s largest Chinatown
Ho Chi Minh city is home to some one million ethnic Chinese, many of whom live in Cholon district …
Address: District 5, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Cho Ben Thanh the largest market, Bến Thành Market
Ben Thanh market has long been one of Saigon’s most famous landmarks. The market has been in existence since …
Address: 32-30, 36-34-32-30 Phan Bội Châu, Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam